Monday, April 25, 2016

Inspired By a Gown

While trying to zero in on a style that my daughters would be happy with for a dress, I ran across a white, cotton,  summer gown that I fell in love with.    I've been working on my vow renewal dress and finally finished it.  The gown inspired me to make one from some scraps that I had left over from a shower curtain and some sheets.  

Here it is with my beautiful model....


I hand dyed the shower curtain and sheets to match my dress so that I could use pieces of it.  The embroidered lace with the scallops are what I used and had all of this left over.


I made it for me, so that's why it's so big on her...but it looks so cute frumpy.  I see a photo shoot soon in a field of flowers!


The sheer, gauzey fabric was sewn in on the side...it gave some pretty detail.


You can see the button holes for the shower hooks here on the pockets.  I want to find some pretty ribbon and tie blousey bows to them.  

I'm pretty happy with how this little piece turned out....just like I saw in my head!

I have more fun making slipcovers and such rather than clothes...but I could do this type of clothing any day!


3 comments:

  1. You do such clever things....looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet Melanie, you are so very talented. I adore your style and to bring it into your wardrobe is fabulous. Thank you for your inspiration. Jo

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so beautiful! What a great job! It's romantic with a touch of Bohemian and Nordic style.
    Love it.

    hugs
    Sissie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping in...I love hearing from you! Hugs, Melanie