Thursday, July 24, 2014

It's the Smallest of Things

Hi everyone.....hope all is well in your neck of the woods.  Things have been a bit hectic around here lately.  I haven't been able to work on the things I need to because of them being so big.  But I have managed to paint a few things that didn't require more than an hour.  I have to stay creative or I feel I will go mad....

Here's a scrolly piece that I found and fell in love with then of course painted it white.  It took me a few days to find the right spot for it though.


It is heavy!  I found the right spot in the stairwell above all of my mirrors.  

I had originally wanted to put it under this piece that I found and painted but it was too wide.


I love how it looks like a gate...and it's perfect for brightening up this dark spot.


I think it can be a space that is often forgotten about.  But this leads to our master so I want it to be pretty to.  

I took down a window I had up along with this sign.  It was one of the last few pieces from my primitive days.



I had plans for the sign...


I used some more of the rubber rug I had left, glued the pieces on and painted.  Now I have it hung above one of our doors.


I want to spiff up this entry door....so it's still a work in progress.  I'll think of something...it has to be hubby proof, lol.

I would love to ask for more prayers.  My Aunt Judy was transported to a nursing home today and then I got a call from my Mom and she told me that her husband Carl had fallen and broke his thigh.
Surgery is definite and then recovery will require some therapy.  


Mom is tired, I'm tired along with my husband and girls, Aunt Judy and her daughter are tired, my Uncle....we all have been hit hard and it just will not seem to stop.  So please, prayers for my whole family for strength, peace and to be able to rest well so we can do what we all need to do.  And most of all HEALING....the LORD knows we all need it.  Love you guys and thanks for everything!




5 comments:

  1. OH NO! Prayers coming your way. Hang tight... there is always a better tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Prayers coming your way Melanie. You have really been through some rough journey's of late. Praying for better days ahead with peace and new energy attached. Love the picture of your Aunt Judy and Uncle Carl. They look so adorable together. Hang in there my friend.
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks awesome Melanie. I am praying for extra energy for you--sounds like you need it. You are one of the busiest women I know!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so sorry to hear about your family. It seems as if it always comes in a snowball effect. I will pray for healing.

    Blessings,
    Amy Jo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will be praying for you! Know that God has plans for good in your life not evil and rest in Him.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping in...I love hearing from you! Hugs, Melanie